Planning a wedding can be very stressful to say the least. We have created a wedding to-do list which will guide you through each step. This will help you so you do not leave out any important decisions for your big day.
Wedding To-Do List:
1. Wedding date
3. Choose bridesmaids/groomsmen
4. Select a Venue (Preferably Charleston Sky)
- Make up, hair artist
6. Wedding Dress
7. Photo session
9. Prepare guest list
10. Mail save the date cards
11. Visit with caterer and cake provider for tasting
12. Pick menu, and decide if alcohol will be served
13. Purchase invitations
14. Send invitations out at least 6 weeks before the wedding
15. Collect RSVP’s
16. Notify coordinator, and caterer of final head count
17. Prepare time line for day of event
18. Discuss ceremony with officiant
19. Get Married, and live happily ever after.
After setting your date, decide on a budget. This step is crucial for everyone involved. Make sure everyone knows who is going to pay for what, and when it is due. We are seeing more, and more young couples paying for their own wedding today than ever before.
One of the biggest mistakes we see young bride’s make is not asking for help. You cannot do it all. Ask you future partner for his input, and also lean on your friends, and family who are willing to help. The last thing you want to happen is you arrive at your big day, and you are frazzled because you failed to ask for help.
One of the best ways to stay organized throughout the planning stages is communication. Everyone has a smart phone these days, so why not utilize the power of the internet. Google Docs is a great place for everyone to see what has been accomplished, and what still needs to be done.
Make sure to create a list of things you must have for your big day. Then create a 2nd list of things which would be nice to have, then if your budget allows, you can choose some of the items from this list to add to your big day.
Owner – Charleston Sky
We would love to have you check out and like our Facebook page – Charleston Sky